[BlindRUG] Resources for R and VScode

Liz Hare doggene at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 27 20:48:04 UTC 2021

Hi, all,

I volunteered several weeks ago to help Jonathan out with a new R user who speaks Spanish. After talking with him more about his needs, it seems like VSCode might be a good way for him to interact with R. He is a Windows and JAWS user and I use Emacspeak on a Mac, so it's hard for me to guide him.

He is an economist and interested in descriptive statistics and also various kinds of modeling, so while I think I've heard that JAWS currently works in the RGui, that won't be a good enough IDE for his planned work going forward.

I'm looking for either:
1. Guides for using R and VScode that aren't too long, so it's reasonable to translate them to Spanish
2. Someone willing to communicate with him about their setup (with me translating if necessary)

Also, any other suggestions for accessible IDEs for someone who is planning on doing extensive research?

Thanks,
Liz