[BlindRUG] [EXTERNAL EMAIL] SPSS and JAWS

Robin Williams Robin.Williams at atass-sports.co.uk
Mon Oct 4 09:18:24 UTC 2021

Hi again Amy,

Some Googling threw up some relevant looking results, eg
https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/spss-statistics/27.0.0?topic=software-windows
It seems you must enable the Java access bridge, and configure your system path. That URL contains instructions. These seem a little convoluted and tricky to follow, but hopefully you or someone else can figure them out.
The encouraging thing is that that URL references version 27. They have just released version 28, so it appears that accessibility hasn't been completely forgotten about since version 20. Of course some JAWS scripting might further improve the experience.

HTH,
Robin