[BlindRUG] About BrailleR and Type Conversion

Amy Albin amyralbin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 23:05:14 UTC 2021

Hello All,

I have 2 questions.

The first has to do with how can I get a text file with a history of
both input and output to show others my process? I know BrailleR seems
to have this capability, but I cannot seem to find a working download
link for BrailleR. Any suggestions?

Also I am having a problem with variable type conversion. I have an
imported .csv file with a variable called Group. R classifies Group as
integer, (it’s 1 and 2) but since it’s a binary variable, I would like
it to be factor. I tried
as.factor(Group)

But when I type

class(Group)

I am told integer. So how do I convert my variable to factor?

Thank you so much.

Best,

Amy Albin
Pronouns: she/her/hers