[BlindRUG] Flowcharts

Jonathan Godfrey A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Sat Dec 9 19:37:40 UTC 2023

Hello Khalid,

You are asking questions in an R User Group environment on things outside of R. I'm afraid that you cannot rely on getting the best answers here. You've probably hit the limit on how much I can help you. Maybe someone else can offer more than the following, but they've now had a few days to answer your original question. That suggests to me that further help is unlikely on this list. Given your time constraints, I strongly suggest you look for solutions from people who know more about the tools you are using. I'll answer the questions I can, but only on things that are known or matter to list members (R users).

WRT Quarto: I don't use VS Code but other blind people are doing so. The main Quarto site has guidance on inclusion of R and Python code as well as figure generation using several other tools.

I am not a prolific Python user, so I don't know if the library you mention is Python or something else. If it is Python, then it will fit into a Quarto workflow.

Quarto can generate an MS Word file in the end; I still recommend using HTML while you are working though because it is more accessible.

If you don't use Quarto or R markdown, then you will need to find support from a community that is using the tools you prefer. Maybe someone else on this list can point you towards a more suitable discussion group, but I do not know of a blind Python user group. There is a blind programmers' list somewhere; I only know because I've seen messages passed from that list come to other lists I'm on.

Jonathan