[BlindRUG] looking for ideas

Jonathan Godfrey A.J.Godfrey at massey.ac.nz
Fri May 26 22:23:12 UTC 2023

Hello all,

An R Sprint event is happening in a few months' time. (August 30 to September 1 at the University of Warwick).

I will be attending and the topic of accessibility is likely to have an airing. I need your help to develop a list of access issues to put on the table. It doesn't matter if the issue is a biggie or something quite small, I want to hear your wish list items.

So far, I have a few things that have been hanging around for some time. This includes:

  *   Light/dark modes for the R ecosystem. The R GUI and help pages come to mind.
  *   All objects having a class.
  *   Accessibility of educational materials.
  *   All vignettes processed into HTML. This really means a pipeline for LaTeX-based documents.

I have no certainty on who will be attending. Any ideas that don't align with the interests of R Sprint attendees can be brought forwards, but this is a wish list, not a promise by me or anyone else for resolving issues.

Jonathan