[BlindRUG] RStudio is now Posit - does this mean anything for us?

Marcus Low low.marcus at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 13:04:12 UTC 2024

Hi All

I'll also test the latest version of RStudio and report back.

I agree with Robin that it is worth putting on some pressure again.
Thanks to Robin for raising the issue again. The very poor
accessibility of RStudio has certainly functioned as a barrier to
entry for R more generally - especially given how much R and stats
teaching assumes use of RStudio.

Maybe after we've done sufficient testing between us we should write
to the company raising our concerns. For the moment i think we should
give Posit the benefit of the doubt (even though it doesn't sound as
if they've prioritised accessibility so far) and give them at least
some time to show they are serious in what they say about being an
inclusive and accessible community.

I'm keen to hear what others think we could do that might eventually
move the needle.

Thanks
Marcus