[BlindRUG] beginner's introduction and first question

Jacques CELLOU jacques.cellou at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 09:24:07 UTC 2024

Hello,
This is my first message on the list. I'm new to using R and its
BrailleR package. I'm a student in Public Health. I'm French and, sorry,
my English is pretty bad: I use translation software to write to you,
which can give strange formulas.
My first question concerns Writer, for which I have a configuration
problem...  that I haven't been able to solve for several days.
I'm using a version of Windows 11 and the current version of NVDA.
I think I've installed R, Python, WXPython and Pandoc correctly.

 > R.version

platform       x86_64-w64-mingw32
arch           x86_64
os             mingw32
crt            ucrt
system         x86_64, mingw32
status
major          4
minor          3.3
year           2024
month          02
day            29
svn rev        86002
language       R
version.string R version 4.3.3 (2024-02-29 ucrt)
nickname       Angel Food Cake
 > TestPython()
Your system is using Python 3.12.2
 > shell("pandoc --version")
pandoc 3.1.12.3
Features: +server +lua
Scripting engine: Lua 5.4
User data directory: C:\Users\jacqu_p3krno8\AppData\Roaming\pandoc
Copyright (C) 2006-2023 John MacFarlane. Web: https://pandoc.org
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is no
warranty, not even for merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
 > TestWX()
a window opens with the message:
It looks like the WX module is available. Close this window and start WriteR

However, the RTerm console displays (sorry, part of the message is in
French)
):
Messages d'avis :
1: In shell(paste("python", system.file("Python/TestWX.py",  ... :
   l'exécution de 'python
C:/Users/jacqu_p3krno8/AppData/Local/Programs/R/R-4.3.3/library/BrailleR/Python/TestWX.py'
a échoué avec le code d'erreur 5
2: In .CannotSeeWxPython() :
   Python cannot see the necessary wx module.You need to get that fixed.

 > library(knitr)

 > library(rmarkdown)

 > WriteR("MySandBox.rmd")
WriteR opens correctly, but building the .rmd file in html fails with
the message :
Render output goes hereDone
Caught error expected str, bytes or os.PathLike object, not NoneType for
[None, '-e', 'if (!is.element(\'rmarkdown\',
installed.packages()[,1])){install.packages(\'rmarkdown\',
repos="https://cloud.r-project.org")};require(rmarkdown);rmarkdown::render("C:\\\\Users\\\\jacqu_p3krno8\\\\OneDrive\\\\logiciels\\\\R-EspaceDeTravail\\\\MySandBox.rmd",quiet=TRUE)']

Do you have any idea what's going on and what I need to do to make it work?
Thank you in advance,
Jacques