[Blindtlk] Inquiry

trishs slosser at metrocast.net
Fri Nov 21 00:48:54 UTC 2008

My suggestion is to start with a rehab worker, because, being
blind automatically gets you SSI.  There is a program having to
do with "pass to work" which will still provide SSI payments to
you depending on your earnings.  Who ever told you you can't get
SSI is giving you the run-around.  I apologize if I'm wrong, but,
I don't think I am, although, there could be some loop-hole where
you started out working and then applied instead of the other way
around, but, the fact that you're blind still remains the same.
Look into it.

blind 32yld that has a job at Target and work about 20hours a
week and don't really make enough to survive.  I am not able to
apply for SSI because they say I work so I am not eligable to
apply for it.  I have to not be able to work to be able to apply.
My question is there anywhere that I can get Income help that can
help me monthly and able to afford rent and all my bills.  It
would be great if I can get help.  Thank you.