[Blindtlk] Explaining why copyright law supports NFB not AuthorsGuild

Gary Wunder gwunder at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 8 19:34:23 UTC 2009

I think this is a good explanation except you don't get OCR with this
device. You get text-to-speech. There is no recognition of the print shapes
and identifying them as letters - merely the taking of what is already
computerized text and verbalizing it. I like the points though - if I buy a
print book, I can have anyone read it to me, even if that anyone happens to
be the computer I'm paying off month by month.