[Blindtlk] Our friend Dick Edlund passes

Hyde, David W. (ESC) david.hyde at wcbvi.k12.wi.us
Wed Jan 7 19:03:46 UTC 2009

Some of what I would say, has been said. I always was pleased to hear
Dick at convention start out by saying
"This is box 11185, 66111.) As a new president at a time of tumult in
our organization, Dick was my friend, my advisor, and sometimes, the guy
who pushed me to do then thing that needed to be done. He taught us that
all members are important, and had something to contribute. He taught me
that I wasn't better than those who worked in sheltered shops, and that
their work was as important as mine. To me he was alsway the most
approachable of our national officers when I was young, and took time
for me. A great deal of what I know, and who I am are thanks to Dick. He
also was always willing to tell a good story, those I will cherish as
well

Please let me know about arrangements. I will miss him.

David Hyde, Professional Development Coordinator
Wisconsin Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired
1700 W. State Street
Janesville, WI  53546

Phone: 608-758-6152
Cell: 608-751-0960