[Blindtlk] Facebook question?

Kathleen Millhoff kmillhoff at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 22:06:33 UTC 2009

Hi, my successes and failures with facebook lead me to say that people
should try it. i use jaws 8.50 and windows xp on a laptop. there are
captchas which make things somewhat difficult at times. there are many
ways to post to it and read info and messages. you can join groups,
causes and become a fan of various entities. in fact when typing in
the search box looking for the NFB, i found it and became a fan. at
that time there were close to 300 fans. your friends and family get to
see groups you've joined or become a fan of, and one of my nieces
became a fan of NFB. you can post messages to fb, to the wall of
something or in notes. sometimes you'll be asked to verify your
account but when i posted to the NFB wall this wasn't the case. most
people seem to post lots of pics and vids but if they're captioned,
which they often are, i comment like everyone else. I think it takes
time to scroll around and figure it out, but that's me; i'm not the
most computer literate person. also, i've had the time during the
summer months with their lighter work load. I'd recommend signing up
and playing around with it.
best,
kat

--
kathy millhoff - "Let each morn be better than its eve, and each
morrow richer than its yesterday."