[Blindtlk] should blind people go barefoot?

Kathleen Millhoff kmillhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 12:31:23 UTC 2009

Hi, you could have Robert make a TP out of this; and, yes, you haven't
asked this question for quite some time. I would bet that the
additional tactile and vestibular info offered by bare feet is
valuable to blind people. to say nothing of the fact that shoes carry
some pretty yucky stuff into the house. You should move to the islands
where people wear shoes when necessary, but mostly are barefoot inside
and wearing zoris (what you guys call flip-flops) outside. (some folks
also call them slippers, but they're not the bedroom slipper kind). I
seldom find shoes that work well for me, and this includes Berkies and
the rest.
also, it's always summer here I'm glad to say.
best,
kat

--
kathy millhoff - "Let each morn be better than its eve, and each
morrow richer than its yesterday."