[Blindtlk] should blind people go barefoot?

Constance Canode satin-bear at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 17 15:56:51 UTC 2009

Hi Ray,

I am a city person, born and bred, so the only time I go barefoot is
indoors, never outdoors.  Blindness has nothing to do with it, in my
opinion.  I prefer shoes even in my own yard, although when I go out
on the deck, I take my shoes off to relax on the hammock.  I would
never go into a public place without shoes or walk around a hotel
lobby or hallway without shoes.  I hate having to take them off in
the airport to go through security.  I work in a medical field, and
all I can think of are all of the gross diseases and bacteria that
you might be exposed to  from someone else.  Going barefoot in my own
home is just fine, but nowhere else.

Connie Canode