[Blindtlk] Observation: Please stop unnecessary threads

Ray Foret jr rforetjr at comcast.net
Thu Jun 18 23:16:41 UTC 2009

Trivial?  So Eric, let me ask you, in all triviality.  should a blind person
ever relax; in any way; or, is there to much serious work to do in the
federation that we must all where suits and ties on a constant basis and be
ready to go out and fight for the cause night and day?  We all like to say
how normal we are; and yet, we are all so serious that we take the "fun"
part out of our normality?  Is that what we call "normal"?  Going barefooted
(whether outside or inside) might seem to you to be trivial; and, in the
strictest definition, yeah, chances are you're right.  However, back a
couple of years ago, somebody else (not me) posed that very question.
Sighted people feel as much for or against it as you can imagine; some for
it, some against.  Maybe, what with the heat of summer fast approaching,
(for those of us in the south it's already beating down) we should just take
a chill pill; so to speak.  Look, Jeff is gone, and, with respect to him, I
have not a word of my own to say about it.

    Now, here's a bit of the other side of the coin.  Actually, if you stop
and think about it, it's kind of a sign of progress that you should say it's
trivial.  Why?  Simple.  Someone who think's blind people are not normal
would not say it's trivial; but, someone well versed in the normality of
blind people would.  Now, this would tend to bring up the question as to why
I asked it in the first place.  I was not expecting anything particularly;
especially what went down last night.  Thank goodness today was much better
for our sanity.

Sincerely,
The Constantly BAREFOOTED Ray

"Old friend, what are you looking for?  After those many years abroad you
come With images you tended Under foreign skies Far away from your own land"
George Seferis

Phone or Fax::
+1 (985) 360-3614
Cell: