[Blindtlk] Power of the Dream!

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Fri Jun 26 14:43:47 UTC 2009

Please feel free to circulate the following message as widely as appropriate!

Greetings Fellow Federationists!

            While attending the National Federation of the Blind convention in Philadelphia in 2001, I heard Terry Kelly perform his song "power of the Dream"! The dynamic music and inspirational message had the convention on its feet as he sang the chorus

"Changing what it means to be blind!

Step by step one day at a time!

Still much to do but it will be

That the sighted eyes of the world will be able to see

And there will be changes!

The Power of the dream!

Due diligence by you and me!

Changing what it means to be blind!"

Terry sent me a demo copy of his song and I have been performing it in nearly every performance since. Now I have recorded the song for inclusion on my new album which is scheduled for a mid-summer release!

            I will be participating in the Third Annual March for Independence: A Walk for Opportunity on July 6 in Detroit to benefit the national Federation of the Blind's Imagination Fund and I would like to invite you to support my efforts! The donations raised will benefit the National Federation of the Blind's Imagination Fund. The Imagination Fund supports local and state outreach efforts benefiting blind people in our local community - blind children, teens, youth, college students, adults, and seniors losing their vision - as well as the programs and initiatives of the National Federation of the Blind (NFB) Jernigan Institute. The National Association of Guide Dog Users, for which I serve as President, will be applying for a grant from the Imagination Fund for the creation of a national toll-free advocacy, support, and educational hotline for guide dog users!

For as little as a $5.00 donation, you can help me change what it means to be blind! As a special "Thank you!" gift, I will send you my recording of "power of the Dream" as an MP3 file! If you would like to make an on-line donation, you may do so by going to

http://www.marchforindependence.org/goto/Marion.Gwizdala

You will receive an automatic acknowledgement of your contribution through the website. If you would like to make your donation by mail, please make the check or money order payable to "National Federation of the blind" with my name in the memo and send it to

March for Independence

National Federation of the Blind

1800 Johnson Street

Baltimore, MD 21230

            I want to thank you in advance for your support of the National Federation of the Blind. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me. My contact information is below my signature. Together we are changing what it means to be blind!

Peace & Blessings!

Marion Gwizdala

813-626-2789

800-558-8261