[Blindtlk] sense of the world

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at sprynet.com
Sat May 2 19:39:06 UTC 2009

Greetings from another person who strayed from Iowa.

In Dr. Jernigan's 1973 speech, entitled "Blindness: is History Against Us",
he was quoting from a book called "Biography of the Blind" by James Wilson.
Wilson was a blind person who collected stories of many famous blind people
and published this book in 1820.  Biography of the Blind is available in the
NLS collection, I think.  Dr. Jernigan's speech is also worth reading.  One
place I found it is:
  http://www.blind.net/pba1973.htm

Have a good weekend.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland