[Blindtlk] sense of the world

Kathleen Millhoff kmillhoff at gmail.com
Mon May 4 20:56:18 UTC 2009

Good Morning from Guam,
I just read Mike's reply to my earlier message concerning the subject
in "A Sense of the World", including a rather pointed comment about
use of the long cane and braille.  The book talks about using a wooden
walking stick, but the author's point is not a judgment on cane
techniques, but a suggestion that many more avenues for training are
available to us today than in the past. I, likewise, wasn't passing
any kind of judgment on travel techniques, now or then, but relaying
the information from the book that Dr. Jernigan cited information
about Holman in order to show that people lived successfully as blind
people throughout history, and that ehy deserve to be remembered.
Sorry for any confusion on this issue.
best,
kat
--
kathy millhoff - "Let each morn be better than its eve, and each
morrow richer than its yesterday."