[Blindtlk] Anyone from Phoenix, Arizona?

Terry Vanzetti terry.vanzetti at verizon.net
Thu May 28 21:20:25 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm usually quiet, but do post from time to time.  I'm considering a move to
Phoenix, Arizona, and I wonder if there are any list members who live there
and can tell me if the public transit is good enough for blind individuals
to be independent?  Also, suggests on neighborhoods that are best suited for
someone who is visually impaired -- by which I mean grocery store, pharmacy,
bank, restaurants, post office, and similar essentials preferably in walking
distance.  Plus any other info that would be useful for a potential resident
who is visually impaired -- like social and recreational opportunities, ease
of making friends, support systems if help is needed, etc.

Thanks!
Terry Vanzetti