[Blindtlk] For those who employ readers.

Alan awheeler at neb.rr.com
Thu Nov 19 13:13:51 UTC 2009

If you currently pay someone to be a reader for you, what is the typical amount you pay them for something like 4 to 6 hours a week?

I am asking because I am considering hiring a reader because of the fact my Open Book software needs upgrading, and I don't know how soon I can afford to upgrade it, and am thinking a human reader may be a bit more reliable.

Speaking of open book and affordability, since I do want Open Book as an option, does the NFB still do the technology loans, and if so, how does one apply?