[Blindtlk] For those who employ readers.

Ron Poire rpoire at comcast.net
Thu Nov 19 17:18:52 UTC 2009

I couldn't tell you about readers, because I use volunteers.
I find that in comparing OCR software with a human reader, you will spend
far less time on the same amount of material.  For example, if you spend six
hours per week with "Openbook," you will probably spend about three hours.
For me, this time includes the braille tagging necessary, so you know what
you have.

For magazines or short books, OCR is the better way to go, unless you have
someone of professional caliber.

I'm pretty sure the NFB still offers the technology loan program.

Ron