[Blindtlk] NFB Newsline: Three Hundred newspapers, and counting;

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Thu Oct 15 17:37:13 UTC 2009

I want to chime in on the Newsline debate.  In Colorado, the Rocky Mountain
News went under, but its sister paper, the Boulder, (colo.) Daily Camera,
has the same features.  But no word on adding it.

With regard to organizing and reorganizing content, I've had problems
with the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, the Arizona Republic, and the
Louisville Courier-Journal.  Let's get national/international content back
in the paper feed.

Michael Medved, who has a column in U.S.A. Today, doesn't carry the feed.
 But it's on usatoday.com.  I also want to hear U.S.A. Weekend.

One other final note: We should partner up with bizjournals.com.
Everyday, they purchase content that I know can, and will, help blind
professionals.  You are even invited to get your very own free
bizjournals.com account.  Are are some of the cities they cover:
Sacramento, Los Angeles, San Jose/Silicon Valley, Phoenix, Saint Louis,
Portland, (Oregon), Albuquerque, and Atlanta.  And there are more on the
bizjournals.com website.

I can hardly wait for the human-sounding voices to enter NFB Newsline.

Eric

This is the time to celebrate responsibly.

This is the time to celebrate with common sense.

At Halloween, we recognize that good will always overcome evil.

--

Please have a safe and Happy Halloween!

--

Eric from Los Angeles!

--

You can do it, Dodgers!  We need that World Series ring!  Now!