[Blindtlk] Deciding between Perkins Brailler models and sources to buy

Gerardo Corripio gera1027 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 00:52:21 UTC 2009

Hi guys: After nealry twenty years of using my Perkins, it finally gave up,
thus I'm trying to decide whether to buy the classic Perkins model or the
newer one that's 40% less heavy and redesigned. What have your experiences
been with either of these in terms of guarantee from the manufacturer,
durability (I use my Perkins a lot to transcribe questionaires I apply to my
patients and other notes )and within the machine's overall functioning? and
the difference in price between both models?
Also, what places do you recommend to buy Perkins? I'm aware in searching on
the Net that the NFB Material Center sales them as well as buying directly
from the Howe Press in Boston. Which of these two places is better?
Thanks in advanced for any info.
Gerardo