[Blindtlk] OT: Help!

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Wed Sep 23 02:23:52 UTC 2009

Marion,

What is probably happening is that either SPAM or viruses have been received by some address or addresses within
Verizon.NET by the domains from which you are getting that reply.  At some level, sometimes entire domains or specific
IP address ranges are blocked by the recipient's mail provider.  It likely has nothing to do with your specific address..
You will need to try to alert Verizon of this problem and they might have contacts within the other providers in place to
correct issues like this, but more often than not they don't.  It is more likely that the people who cannot receive your
notes will need to complain to their mail provider.  This is not easy as it is often not simple to know how or where to
report it.  Sometimes the block is dropped after a period of time if the level of viruses or SPAM falls off, so if you are lucky
the problem may correct itself.

Best regards,

Steve

On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 19:05:20 -0400, Marion & Martin wrote:

>Dear All,
>    I recently sent a message to my chapter group distribution list and received several returns from Hot mail accounts
with the message, "we
>have received complaints concerning mail coming from that IP address." This is a recent development and I am not
sure how to resolve this issue. Can anyone give me some guidance?