[Blindtlk] how many of you have been on cruises and what was your experience?

Hyde, David W. (ESC) david.hyde at wcbvi.k12.wi.us
Wed Aug 4 16:00:16 UTC 2010

If this is a Kid Rock Cruise (who ever hi (I guess it's a he) is) (no, don't tell me, I'm happy in my ignorance) there will probably be a reception. Be pro-active. When you meet him, gently remind him that if he doesn't speak to you, you won't know he's there. Because this is a closed environment, he can't get away from you entirely. Please remember that he, like all of us, likes to get away from people too, and although he is on the cruise, and probably being paid, he's going to want to get away from all you admiring fans.

Now about luggage. You will probably either get in the mail, or print out luggage tags for your bags. Mine were in the cabin when I got there the first time, and arrived with me the second. We came on board around 1:00, and, since they were cleaning cabins, we kept our bags with us. On the first cruise (western Caribbean) our bags were all taken to customs, and we had to hunt them. On the second, we took our bags off ourselves. If you can, I highly recommend this practice.

Next cruise is over Christmas. Some friends and we are going out of New Orleans to Casamel, and then the Bahamas. My wife thinks that it's the only way to take a vacation.