[Blindtlk] The Cost of Independent Travel

Peachtree Travel info at peachtreetravel.net
Wed Aug 25 20:12:42 UTC 2010

Mari:

My heart really goes out to you.  I also had this situation when my two
little one's were younger.  They said they didn't qualify to ride the buss
to school because they lived within a mile of it.  We appealed the ruling
and won.

However, this goes to speak why blind people just can't live any where they
want to.  There are serious budget cuts with our transportation Company and
it won't happen this year however, there could come a time where they could
cut our buss rout making us ineligible for paratransit here.  Should that
ever come to pass, we will be forced  to sell our house and move where we
would be able to use transportation.  So much for living where you want to.

Reese