[Blindtlk] The Cost of Independent Travel

Hyde, David W. (ESC) david.hyde at wcbvi.k12.wi.us
Tue Aug 31 13:29:09 UTC 2010

Brian, I don't know if you remember back in the seventies when we battled the insurance industry to get life and other insurances at the same cost as sighted individuals. At the time, it was impossible to get insurance for a car, that I didn't drive, and never planed to. Remember that insurance is experience driven. In order to get a rate, one must be able to compute probability of loss. I'll be happy to work on insurance problems, as soon as we have something to insure. If we do not have a vehicle to drive, there is none to insure, hence no insurance problem. So, let's get the problem first, then we can solve it.

And Gary, do we serve the elephant with peanut sauce?