[Blindtlk] DAN at National

Diane dianefilipe at peoplepc.com
Mon Jul 12 15:43:59 UTC 2010

Thanks to everyone who attended convention!
One of the best parts was having a room across the hall from Bernie and Bill, as we could quickly report our current blood sugars to each other.  Bernie and I were able to work out if she needed a boost of fast acting, or if she should wait and what I needed to do for my highs and lows.  This convention, my lows outweighed the highs.  UGH!
Maybe we can set up a buddy system for future conventions.

Thanks to everyone who either sold or bought the Mickey Mouse earrings!
The total sold at convention was 8 pairs !!!
We still have more and it has been suggested that we sell them again in Orlando, as everyone will be looking for inexpensive Mickey Mouse items.
Only 2 people signed up to cover our DAN table in the exhibit hall, so the sales were not as good as they could have been, even with Bernie screaming at the top of her lungs "Get your Mickey Mouse earrings here.  Support the Diabetes Action Network" outside General Session.
People told me they were sad that DAN wasn't selling anything at the table, but I could not leave them on the table without someone there as we all know they would have walked away.
I am open to any ideas y'all have for a fund raiser next year!
Hopefully we will have more members attend National next year and our sales will go through the roof!

Thanks again y'all.  Have a great rest of your summer!
Diane