[Blindtlk] Living in the suburbs as a visually impaired mom with kids?

Mari Hunziker marihunziker at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 19:41:56 UTC 2010

HI Friends,

My husband and I have two children a six year old son and a two year old
daughter. We live, in a suburb outside of Austin and frankly if we lived in
the Austin city limits life might be  easier for me (bus travel). But here's
my dilemma is that my husband wants to move to a beautiful master planned
community, which I love as well. The only thing about this community is that
it does not have close shopping. This really does not bother me because
where I currently live I can walk to the grocery store. It is just about a
mile and a half away. Trying to do this with the kids has been extremely
difficult. I don't know if life will be better in the community or if it
will be better to stay. The pros to the new place is that they have an
elementary, a middle, and a high school right across the street from the
homes. It also has a pool and a playground. My current neighborhood has more
things around it like shopping but I cannot cross the street to get to them.
The street does not have a crosswalk and I am not about to jaywalk with two
children underfoot. I'd  really like your opinion.
Thank you,
Mari Hunziker