[Blindtlk] Computer Science/Computer Informational Systems and Software Engineering career questionaire and solutions

Peter Wolfe sunspot005 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 02:01:54 UTC 2010

--
Peter
Webmaster
http://www.darkstruggle.com
webmaster at darkstruggle.com
alternative e-mail
sunspot005 at gmail.com

To list:

    It's me Peter here with a few questions for those in the IT or
software fields in the United States. In particular, those that only
use screen readers, braillers, braille embossers, ocr technology and
mobility canes for orientation purposes. I have already mentioned that
I'm thinking about changing my major to social science/history
education to computer science/computer informational systems or
software engineering. A little background information is in hand like
I use Window-Eyes 7.2, Windows XP and have 1 giga byte of ram. I have
taken most of the cor curriculum except for calculus 1 and  intro to
programm to allow me to enter into the basics of the School of
Engineering.
    My questions are the following:

1. If you have been in college recently in a mortar brick school like
a major four year institution, what do you do about participation when
the professor might be going to fast?
note: there is no under graduate programs really here yet as Auburn
lags severely beyond competition.

2. during a project, what do you do when you can't finish it in a
timely manner?
note: do you just take the deduction after the preventive counsuling
services with professor and career to academic services with private
tutoring?

3. if there is no alternatives programs in the course to do certain
things with your screen reader, what do you do?

4. what is usually done in courses usuing jpg, gif, backgrounds,
placement in visual manner and etc or formating and things of that
sort?

5. are there common elements in precalculus and calculus and if so if
you forgotten precalculus, then what would you do?
note: especially if you don't know neimith code at all and relied on a
tutor the last time for that stuff as it's not encouaged much in adult
circles to learn neimith after you are an adult cause you won't use
it.

6. what are common challenges and creative solutions you have at work
and enjoyments of these fields?
note: thanks for any posts about this matter.

sincerely,
Peter