[Blindtlk] Blind Programmers

Peter Wolfe sunspot005 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 05:34:26 UTC 2010

--
Peter
Webmaster
http://www.darkstruggle.com
webmaster at darkstruggle.com
alternative e-mail
sunspot005 at gmail.com

Blink Talk Members:

    It's me Peter here to eliminate all confusion, doubt or whatever
misconceptions have about my posts. I don't know if you got all of my
numerous replies too many to even to count rebuking you guys. I merely
was stating personal, blindness and infrastructural government
involvement in aiding an individual in the largely rural south. I
posted another independent thread completely neglected by most members
with malice or neglect on this matter as well. Each time i replied it
was sent back with a me as a sender, so I've not been on a list that
this has ever happened to a reply e-mail before.
    I want someone to brainstorm with or to explain in a narrative
about common challenges and how they hurtled them being blind. In
particular, blind programmers for computer science, computer
informational systems or software engineering. A current degree holder
of five to ten years is prefered cause older degree holders don't
understand in my opinion about participation and the rise ot internet
technology locked with the courses. The rise of our technology
supplements just doesn't augment this reality. A realistic approach by
someone from University of Texas at Denton thus far means more than
all of your finger point at some details from like my original psot. I
moved from that point.
    The piledriving of the issue about public transportation was a
prime example. A one size fits all approach to a deeply personal
independent and emplowering prospective from another angle is
different in each place. Each person is an individual not a blind
person necessarily. So, each public transportation system differs like
the landscape, fiscal allocation, infrastructure, etc. The people that
don't use their cars tend to be urban inner city environmentalist or
car poolers from New York, San Francisco, Washington, D.C Atlanta,
Georgia, Seattle, Washington, etc not little rural poor Alabama. Then,
this idea like I'm lazy is wrong as well cause if I was lazy why am I
posting on this list?
    Fourthly I want to clear up confusion about this matter. I am a
person with unique challenges like no family, low budget, no
resources, low public transportation, etc that normal blind people
rarily face. Then, I want to switch my major and blind schools are
mentioned like in Louisania or somewhere. Well, surely they are good
VR probably wouldn't support me going there cause they have spent far
too much already on me. I put that into consideration when I get any
government assistance. The person that claiemd that I was seating on
my ass is wrong by the way. In 2008, I was denied work study cause
they couldn't make it accessible on campus. A 8-5 job with 12 hours o
work with no internet courses isn't possible from my prospective of a
screen reader. The amount of time to have braille to read, electronic
text to be read, tutoring when needed and mobility with accommedations
meetings is absurd. I'm merely asking for assistance on specific
advice on programmers who are recently in the field that use screen
readers. What is hard about this?
    Finally, I am not making excuses nor am I not taking personal
responsability either. The fcost of living on a 670$s in Atlanta or
Birmingham isn't really even possible with a fiance and a brother that
is dependent on me either. Would you have it where I live in a dumster
and do that? YOu guys do these one size fits all and wonder why our
country is going down the tubes like No Child Left Behind and the rest
of our education because of the arrogants of a few holding the system
down.

sincerely, Peter