[Blindtlk] Introduction from a new member

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 01:46:22 UTC 2010

Ray,

Hi! Where in Louisiana do you live? Not, by chance, Cajun country? Ray
sounds like a nice Cajun boy, and the barefoot part just adds to that
image *grin* My maiden name is Gaspard, and my family is from Mamou
and Eunice. If you know where those two towns are, you must be from
the area *big grin* My family is all Holliers (pronounced Oh-yay) and
Landreneaus. My father was a full Cajun, and my mother has a smidgeon
of English and Italian, but most of her blood is also Cajun.

How's the wonderful Louisiana winter treating you? I like Cajun
winters, because they are nice and warm. I hate the cold. But I could
never stay in Louisiana long enough for lovebug season *giggle* My
siblings and I use to delight in pulling those lovebugs apart, getting
revenge for the multitude of lovebugs on the windshield and front
bumper that we were always forced to clean off (our parents made us do
it! So n ot fair)

Did you attend the Louisiana Center for the Blind, by chance? I heard
they had a great program, and am considering looking into getting to
go myself.

~Jewel