[Blindtlk] "I Can See You're Blind"

Jen spiderweb1 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 17 20:06:40 UTC 2010

I wrote this song to a professor who discriminated against me in
community college because of my blindness. During my first semester
there, the professor made fun of the sound of my BrailleNote, saying it
drove him crazy. (His excuse was he had a bad day.)

Did I mention this occurred in front of the entire class?

My tutor, the professor and his supervisor and I had a meeting, and he
apologized and was my best friend for all the time after.

Once I recovered from my shock, I wrote this song to say what I could
not at the time.

Incidentally, the professor has never heard the song and does not know
it is about him.