[Blindtlk] Happy Birthday, Eric!

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Fri Mar 19 04:32:03 UTC 2010

How does it feel to be 36 years young?  Let me count the ways:

As someone who is visually-impairec, I have never, nor will I ever,
hate/hated being blind.  I have always been proud of it.  I have never
believed that my blindness is, or was, a curse.  I believe that it is a
blessing.

I have always believed in having a playful personality, but in my early
life, this was extremely hard to come by.  I learned to be patient, kind,
and appreciative.  I learned to accept help when I need it, and respond
with a "no" or "no, thank you," when I don't need it.

I've learned to advocate, legislate, andfollow up.

The past 35 years have been a resolve not to take negativity seriously,
but to take positivity as it comes.

I see myself as a person still learning, and still growing.  I see myself
only taking the bitter with the sweet.

I love God; I love life; I love you.  All of you have been very inspiring
to me!  Thank you; thank you!  To my friends on Facebook, to my friends in
the groups, thank you.

To my Federation friends reading this message: Thank you.

On March 21, 2010, Eric Calhoun begins his next 35 years on this earth.
And I celebrate it--with you!  The shyest, most antisocial being has turned
into an advocate, a leader; a friend. I'm on Facebook: eric at pmpmail.com;
let's have laughs together!  Again, thank you!

Eric Calhoun, Los Angeles, California, U.S.A., ready for new friends,
opportunities, and adventure!
..

..

..

Attention please!

..

Don't miss the new-and-improved college baseball list!

..

LSU, the Florida Schools, and the California Schools!

..

..

It's all good!

..