[Blindtlk] has anyone played in a band?

Michael bonsai1b at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 31 05:32:53 UTC 2010

Hi HMP
I played in different groups for many years in my younger years, from a
jazz/rock group (Spyro Gyra type music) to being the production and sound
manager for a national modern christian group.  I now only play solo but
expect that the social norms haven't changed much.  I  know that getting in
the mainstream of musicians is the way to rub elbos so to speak.  Jamming
with other musicians is an excellent way to show your stuff and meet other
musicians (and have a good time too).   Many local music stores have jam
sessions at their stores after hours on a regular basis.  They also usually
have a message board where you can post your desire for hopeful like-minded
musicians.

I would recommend that you also join the music email list with this list
serve as I know there are several musicians there who currently play with
groups.

Michael