[Blindtlk] JAWS and Yahoo! Answers

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 23:20:12 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I don't like Yahoo much, but I really like Yahoo! Answers at
<answers.yahoo.com>. Howerver, lately, every time I go on Yahoo!
Answers, my screenreader messes up after about 5 minutes. It doesn't
freeze...it just refuses to recognize edit fields, heders, buttons, or
any of the other elements. Arrowing down doesn't work either.

Has anyone else had this problem with Yahoo! Answers, and if so, what
screenreader are you using? Anyone have any idea why this is
happening, and if there is anything that can be done to fix it? Is it
a problem that Yahoo! can fix?

I use Windows XP, the latest Internet Explorer (whatever number that
is), and JAWS 11.0

~Jewel