[Blindtlk] chalking everything up to blindness

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at sprynet.com
Wed May 26 00:25:25 UTC 2010

But I have also read of studies that indicate that the eyes are not the only
photosensitive parts of the body, for purposes of entrainment of the
circadian rhythm.

I don't have as much light perception as I once had.  And last summer,
before my congestive heart failure was diagnosed, I was getting less and
less sleep because I couldn't breathe well while lying flat.  Now that I
have a pacemaker and my heart function is returning to normal, I still get
less than five hours of sleep on most nights.  I think that being physically
active during much of your waking hours can help.  Perhaps time-release
melatonin would help also, but I would look into these other factors rather
than be over-medicated.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls