[Blindtlk] $100 Computers

Jewel S. herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 22:34:31 UTC 2010

Like was said, you get what you pay for. I got one of these computers,
but through the Red Cross program. $40 and you get a barebones
refurbished computer. The computer went ka-poot after 3 months. I
mean, totally ka-poot. The sound card went out, leaving me without any
way of using the computer since I use a screenreader. Then the video
card went out, and then the motherboard died. I was glad I only wasted
$40.

If you want an expensive computer, I suggest not doing this. Instead,
save up and get a netbook (which starts at about $280). This is a
brand new netbook and will do you much better than those refurbished
things that really are pieces of junk.

--
~Jewel
Check out my blog about accessibility for the blind!