[Blindtlk] Bonnie, a question about moving wasRE: Packing for my move?

Bonnie Lucas lucas.bonnie at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 08:04:41 UTC 2010

When it was decided that we would move, we first checked into using the
company that my hjusband's employer uses and have them do it all. It was
going to take every bit of our moving allowance for this so we decided to
use ABS (their website is youpack.com). They bring the truck to you, or
container if you don't have too much stuff, and you pack and load it. It
stays in front of your house for several days, about three working and a
weekend. You load it up. I am married to a man who is quite the work horse
and between him, our help and me, we were able to pack everything up
ourselves. Took lots of effort and it would be quite difficult to do by
oneself unless you were very organized. After 2 weeks of waiting, the truck
was parked out in front of our house and, again, we had several days to
unload. Friends from church here helped with the carrying of the boxes and
we began the tedious chore of unpacking. Because of the distance we were
moving, we decided to do it this way. I have also done the move where the
movers pack and unpack at the other end. Actually, they just get the truck
unloaded, which, of course, is a big help. The work really begins when you
have to figure out where everything goes. This become especially difficult
if the place you are moving into is a bit smaller than the place you moved
out of, as in thec ase of our most recent move. With all of the previous
suggestions, I think that most any move can be done in a somewhat sane
manner. Just don't bring along a kicking and screaming teenager, if you can
help it. That's when it becomes very difficult. LOL