[Blindtlk] New Member

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 18 16:19:26 UTC 2010

dear Candi

A good company to order things from is "Independent Living Aides".
You should also be aware that the NFB has a 3% loan program for the purchase
of technology to help blind folks get the things they need and then pay them
off over time.  All of the interest is just plowed back in to the program to
make more loans.  The NFB does not make money on the program.
You can buy computers, software, electronic items and other things that help
you function or do a job.
The big thing they look at is to see that you have the means to make the
loan payments and can pay the loan back, the same as a bank does, but what
bank makes loans to blind people?

contact the National Center for the loan forms and details on the program or
go to the NFB web site, www.nfb.org  .
,

David Evans, NFBF and GD Jack.