[Blindtlk] New Member

Judy Jones jtj1 at cableone.net
Fri Oct 22 01:10:12 UTC 2010

Hi, Candi,

You travel across the street when your parallel traffic starts up, being
mindful of turning cars.  But getting some cane travel should be one of your
first and most important goals to help you in your independence.

A word about chirping lights.  Many blind travelers don't like those,
because the sound can sometimes mask thetraffic noise one especially needs
to make a safe crossing.  Chirps echoes can also bounce off surrounding
buildings, giving false sound clues.  There's nothing to substitute for a
cane with complete training.