[Blindtlk] Heritage info

Steve Johnson stevencjohnson at centurytel.net
Mon Oct 25 12:34:13 UTC 2010

Here is more on the organization right from their website.you all decide on
what your first impressions are.

       Thank you for your interest in Heritage for the Blind, a non-profit
organization serving the blind and visually impaired. Our mission is to
assist in providing the tools necessary to help the blind and visually
impaired independently explore and participate fully in society. We are
listed in the Cumulative List of Tax-Exempt Organizations Serving the Blind
& Visually Impaired in the United States.

         Individuals who support our organization enable us to continue our
work by providing for our numerous projects, including:

*	Free publication and distribution of Braille and large-print
materials.
*	Free Benefit Search program
*	Auto Donation Recycling Program
*	Medical Alert Service for the Visually Impaired.
*	Self Help For Vision Loss Resource Website.

Free publication and distribution of Braille and large-print materials:

We produce a selection of religious publications in large print as well as
Braille for children and adults. They are available Free of Charge. In
addition, in cooperation with the Federal Citizen Information Center and
U.S. General Services Administration (GSA), we produce an array of large
print consumer related publications to assist visually impaired individuals
get answers to questions about consumer problems and government services.

Free Benefit Search Program:

Our counselors helps people in need search more than 1650 public and private
benefit programs in all 50 states that can help with expenses such as
prescription drugs, rent, heating  bills, meals, medical costs, veteran's
benefits, Alzheimer's and vision care.

Auto Donation Recycling Program:

We create public awareness for individuals to donate their old car. For a
typical donated vehicle, about 75% of the parts are salvaged for reuse,
about 20% of the vehicle is recycled, and the remaining 5% is thrown away.
This makes recycling vehicles one of the greenest products on the planet.
Through the reuse of 'green parts,' vehicles may partly live on for years
and years, at great environmental benefit to Planet Earth and important
financial benefit to the consumer driving the vehicle.

Self Help For Vision Loss Resource Website.

The Heritage for The Blind, a "Self-Help for Vision Loss" web site that
provides free, practical, hands-on information to enhance quality of life
and independence for adults with vision loss, their families and friends,
caregivers, and vision professionals.
At The Heritage for The Blind, we understand that losing your vision can be
a difficult, emotional, and life-changing experience that affects you and
everyone around you - spouses, family members, children, friends, neighbors,
and co-workers.
Whether you're totally blind, have
<http://www.1800donatecars.com/resources/lowvision.html> low vision, or
simply have trouble seeing from time to time, it's important to realize
you're not alone. At least 6.5 million American adults experience vision
problems and many don't know where to turn for help or information.
 On The Heritage for The Blind web site, you'll find free, practical,
self-help solutions that can help adults with vision loss to:

*	Learn about eye disorders
<http://www.1800donatecars.com/resources/lowvision.html>  that cause vision
problems
*	Find vision rehabilitation services
<http://www.1800donatecars.com/resources/staterehabilitation.html>
*	Stay on top of the latest medical research
<http://www.1800donatecars.com/resources/visionchanges.html>
*	Keep working
<http://www.1800donatecars.com/resources/Employment.html>  after vision loss

*	Adapt everyday tasks
*	Continue with hobbies,
<http://www.1800donatecars.com/resources/recleisure.html>  sports, and
recreation

Medical Alert Service for the Visually Impaired.
Heritage for the blind has developed the next generation of Personal
Emergency Response System geared to assist  a blind or visually impaired
individual. It is the first medical alert service designed to not only help
in the event of an emergency, but to also provide round the clock medical
resources to individuals that can help prevent an emergency from happening
in the first place.
Users get access to doctors, nursing staff, medical records, and can even
get assisted dialing and e-mailing. This gives users unparalleled access to
the people and medical services they need.

.         Top 5 reasons why donate to Heritage for The Blind:

*	#1 Pick-Up is 100% Free in all 50 States.
*	#2 All donors will be given a tax-deduction.
*	#3 Donors will also be given a free vacation voucher.
*	#4  <http://www.1800donatecars.com/aboutus.html> Proceeds from the
donation will go towards helping the visually impaired.
*	#5 You'll be doing a great thing for others and you should feel
great.

http://www.1800donatecars.com/images/donatenow.jpg

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not
seen." Hebrews 11