[Blindtlk] Looking For Monitor Article

Michael bonsai1b at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 8 15:33:25 UTC 2011

Hi Kelby
I believe the article of which you referred is from the Braille Monitor of
March 2009.  The article entitled "Unemployment Rates and Reasons" was
written by James S. Nyman.  His talk was presented at the White Cane Banquet
of the Omaha NFB Chapter on November 8, 2008.  In this talk, He identified
six factors if I recall that contribute to unemployment among the blind, all
of which begin with the letters "dis", such as discouragement, disincentive,
and so forth.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Michael