[Blindtlk] Eye Poking

Kelby Carlson kelbycarlson at usfamily.net
Sun Apr 24 19:39:31 UTC 2011

Dear List,

I have a really rather embarrassing problem that I am loath to
admit to others who are blind.  But it's getting a bit worse and
I've never seemed to be able to totally get rid of it.  Since I
was a very small child, I've had the habbit of eye pressing or
eye poking (apparently those with Leybers tend to have this
sometimes, from what I know.) I am a senior in high school now
and have been able to get rid of the habbit for extended periods
of time, but it's always come back.  This year (I think somewhat
due to stress) it is back again.  It seems like my eyes want some
sort of stimulation, and feel kind of dry/uncomfortable a lot of
the time.  It doesn't look great and I can usually stop myself in
public.  Have any of you dealt with this problem? I feel sort of
ashamed of it, so any help from any of you on how to stop/how to
maybe make my eyes feel less uncomfortable would be sincerely
apprreciated.

I hope you are all having a happy Easter (assuming you celebrate
it of course.)