[Blindtlk] Eye Poking

Kelby Carlson kelbycarlson at usfamily.net
Sun Apr 24 23:56:19 UTC 2011

Desiree,

I have exactly the same situation.  It occurs rarely if at all in
public situations where a lot of people would see it.  It's
mostly in a home situation.  As you said, it can occur when I'm
stressed, tired, or listening intensively (I notice I do it on
the phone quite a bit.)

blindness.

>On 4/24/11, Chris Nusbaum <dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, Chassity.

>> Thanks for the kind words! I think I'll enjoy this list! Thanks
>> again!

>> Chris Nusbaum

>> "A loss of sight, never a loss of vision!" (Camp Abilities
motto)

prostetic
>> eyes? If
>>  so, I do as well, and sometimes I'm guilty of the same habit.
>> Usually my
>>  eyes are uncomfortable because they get goops on my eyes (aka
>> what sighted
>>  people call "sleep" that they get in their eyes in the
morning.)
>> If you
>>  do, keep some kind of eye ointment with you all the time and
>> when you get
>>  goopies and your eyes start to feel uncomfortable, try putting
>> it on your
>>  eyes and rubbing it in.  They should feel better then and you
>> won't have
>>  to worry about the poking thing.  However, if you don't have
>> prostetics,
>>  I'm not sure.  In that case, hopefully someone else on the list
>> will be
>>  able to help.  Hope this helps and let me know if you have any
>> questions!

>>  Chris Nusbaum

>>  "A loss of sight, never a loss of vision!" (Camp Abilities
>> motto)

celebrate

http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindtlk_nfbnet.org/dotkid.

http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindtlk_nfbnet.org/chasity