[Blindtlk] Eye Poking

Chasity Jackson chasityvanda at charter.net
Tue Apr 26 11:31:47 UTC 2011

My close friend Terry who lives with me, is 59 and used to do it all the
time...So much so that his left eye looks all sunken in...I often touch that
area, just because it seems so peculiar to me...It's like a big hole there
and the other eyeball is normal...I often joke with him that the hole is so
deep that we could use it as a storage area for a few things instead of
putting them in my purse. Now that is definitely an exaggeration. LOL. But
he knows what I mean and it's always been a joke between us.

I myself have never done the eye poking thing...I've even gone through the
motions of what other people say they do, just because I was curious if they
just leaned on their hand and it felt comfortable or whatever the case may
be...And it just feels annoying to me. I don't even like the feeling of it,
but I guess if it is something that you were born doing and you've done all
your life, it probably feels natural and you don't even know you're doing
it.