[Blindtlk] Eye Polking.

Desiree Oudinot turtlepower17 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 23:51:44 UTC 2011

I definitely agree that the best part of having sight is to be able to
drive. You don't have near as many issues with reliability (i.e. is
your Paratransit system going to get you there on time? How about a
cab driver, and what if you can't afford that?) And if you live in a
rural area, forget all that entirely. It really is an inconvenience,
the only real disadvantage we face as blind people. Sighted people say
"yeah, but at least you don't have to deal with traffic, the
possibility of getting in an accident, or gas prices skyrocketing" to
which I say, "try being unable to get to an important job interview,
and not just one, because that could happen if your car breaks down,
but watch many opurtunities pass you by." The car is a powerful thing,
and unless you live within walking distance of stores, your job and
your house or apartment, it does present a huge challenge.