[Blindtlk] To Drive or not to Drive: that is the question

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 17:30:00 UTC 2011

I have heard from many, blind and sighted alike that the blind  being
able to drive will be  looked  upon as  something  absolutely iconic
and life-changing.  Assuming  that this opinion is in fact widely
believed,  what do you think this means for us as blind people now?
Also what does it mean, if we never do  drive? Is this to say that our
lives  are not full?  Not complete?  And will never be?
 I'm curious as to your thoughts  on this.