[Blindtlk] Navigating Cafeteria Lines

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Mon Aug 8 18:46:05 UTC 2011

Why do you find it necessary to put your answer into the form of an
anti-NFB characterization?  It serves no purpose and creates division
where none needs to be.

In terms of cafeterias I would say that the issues fall into three
main categories, one navigating the line, two carrying the tray, and
three getting the food.  People have made suggestions primarily
concerning the first two, but the third also.

As blind persons, we all have ideas about what we can and can't
successfully do.  And ... some of what we think we can't do, may be
being done by others who have figured out methods and
approaches.  Discussion here gives people ideas in areas which they
may have thought possible.

We all can probably do more than we think, independently, and we all
ask for help on occasion.  Or, even we may just ask for information.

Let's share our ideas, support one another and not make
generalizations about organizations and their members when it isn't necessary.

Dave