[Blindtlk] Vibrating Time Keeping...

James Kelm jameskelm at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 11 19:38:39 UTC 2011

Dear friends,

    I am looking for a product that I hope someone can help me with.  I am
looking for some kind of a vibrating watch, pocket clock, etc.  The catch is
that it has to be able to be set and operated by a totally blind person.  I
have found a number of vibrating watches, but they can not be operated by
someone without vision.

    I am looking for something that I can discreetly wear on my wrist, carry
in my pocket, etc, that will alert me to a preset time, for example 10
minutes before I would like to end my sermon.  I currently use my Braille
watch, but I don't want my congregation getting the impression that I am in
a hurry and keep checking the time.  Likewise I do not want something that
has an audible alarm, that can be heard by others.  I want something
discreet.

    Thank you for your help!

Your Brother in Christ,
Pastor James Kelm