[Blindtlk] Question re: IPads

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 18 14:42:06 UTC 2011

Dear Diane,
Yes, the I-Pad, and I-Phone, I-Pod and Mac computers can be used by someone
who is totally blind by turning on the "Voice Over" feature in the unit that
then lets you use some special commands, on the touch screen to run and use
the device.
My NFB Chapter is holding a raffle for a new I-Pad right now.
The ticket are $2.00 each and you do not need to be present to win.
The date will be October 15, 2011 at a special event we we will be having
here in Palm Beach County at the Airport Hilton Hotel.
If you want to buy some tickets, just send a check for the tickets you want
and made out to the NFB Palm Beach Chapter.
The address isCO/David Evans
19601 Carolina Circle, Boca Raton, Fl. 33434.

You use the same finger commands to run any of the I-Products.
There is a list I can send you if you are interested.

David Evans, NFBF and GD Jack.